News Date: April 23, 2015
Headline: Ontario Budget Initiatives Strengthen the Province's Medical Technology Industry
MEDEC is very pleased that the 2015 Ontario budget announced that the province will be implementing the transformative recommendations put forward by the provincially appointed Ontario Health Innovation Council (OHIC) in their report, The Catalyst: Towards an Ontario Health Innovation Strategy, which was provided to the government in December 2014.
Through this budget, the Ontario government has committed to implement all of the following transformative initiatives:
- Appointing a Chief Health Innovation Strategist
- Appointing Six Innovation Brokers to Connect Innovators with Resources
- Investing $20M in Made-in-Ontario Technologies through a Health Technology Innovation Evaluation Fund
- Continuing the Shift to Strategic, Value-Based Procurement
- Creating Incentives and Removing Barriers to Innovation
- Optimizing the Pathway for the Adoption and Diffusion of Innovation
Please click here for MEDEC's news release about this announcement.